Friday, February 1, 2013

Cinnamon Sauteed Bananas


Andrew is not a banana fan. He uses them in his green smoothies to make everything creamy, and he likes banana bread, but other than that, not so much. But, he said that if he HAD to eat bananas, this is how he would want them. Not the most eloquent compliment, but I'll take it.


I love garlic. I add it to everything. I cheat and use garlic from a (huge) jar with oil because I have yet to find a garlic press that won't let me down. Plus, I hear it's healthy for you too - bonus! Anyway, after I eat a garlicky meal, I really need something sweet to cleanse my palate. So tonight, to follow up my Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Broccoli, I made these amazing bananas. Sweet and warm and perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Easy enough for every day but special enough for company.

Cinnamon Sauteed Bananas

What I use:
  • 1 banana, just ripe
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 3 or 4 drops of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon

How I do it:

1. Peel the banana and cut it into 3 pieces.

2. Slice each piece in half longways.

3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.

4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla.

5. Put the pan back on the heat and sprinkle in the cinnamon.

6. Lay the bananas flat side down in the pan and cook for about 45 seconds.


7. Flip the bananas with a spatula and cook for another 45 seconds.

8. Remove to a plate and serve warm.

Feel free to dress them up with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or a dollop of whipped cream. Or go crazy and use all three!

Note: You can cut the banana any way you want - one long slice down the middle, one inch chunks, whatever makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know what you think about what you've read here today. Lucky for us, someone left this box here for just that purpose...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...